Easy press 'n paint fridge art (Biscuit's first toddler art project - playdough fresco!) | Toddler @ Play! // New Games. Activities. Outings. Fun.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Easy press 'n paint fridge art (Biscuit's first toddler art project - playdough fresco!)

toddler doodling in playdough














It was another rainy day so I decided to let Biscuit get colorful and artsy here at home. I didn't really want to do fingerpaints yet as I know he'd still try to eat it (same goes with crayons and markers) or splash it all over the place. So I rolled a ball of playdough onto some copy paper and mashed it into a thin layer; then I scraped off the excess with a plastic knife and back into the container. Biscuit used this no-mess surface as his toddler-friendly "paint" - it was a fun texture to doodle and play in with his hands (but I didn't have to worry about him eating dough since it was stuck on the paper). I showed him he could use his megablocks, some alphabet magnets, shapes from his sorter and random stacking toys as stamps by pressing them into the dough. He caught on quick so I just let him go at it. He got creative, as you can see - here's a peek at his finished masterpiece, which now adorns our refrigerator.

"Sticky Starry Night" by Biscuit Van Doh

toddler artwork from stamps and playdough

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing at Biscuit Van Doh!

Cheri said...

Biscuit Van Doh is hilarious! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're very creative with your blog and with your babe. I'm sure I'll be able to get lots of good crafty advice from you!