Easy-on-the-Budget Boredom Busters :) | Toddler @ Play! // New Games. Activities. Outings. Fun.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Easy-on-the-Budget Boredom Busters :)



Pampers Pegboard?



Yesterday I caught Little Biscuit pounding on a diaper box with one of his toys. So I cut a hole in the box and cut a paper towel tube into several short "pegs." I showed him how he could "hammer" the peg into the hole. He spent a long time working at it! And he already started playing with it again today. Sheesh, I really do think the cheapest and simplest toys are his favorite!

We also used the same diaper box to make an indoor wagon...the only other prop I needed was my red, long-sleeved shirt (tied the sleeves together to make the handle, and Biscuit's weight was enough to hold the shirt on the box without clips or tape).


Our Little Red Wagon


2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

That's an awesome idea!! Your blog looks great and your Biscuit is a cutie. I'm also a magazine editor turned stay-at-home mom, though I freelance still at 1 a.m. It's nuts. Were you at Meredith? I was in New York.

6pnuts said...

Excellent ideas! You have always been very creative!