Learning to Jump | Toddler @ Play! // New Games. Activities. Outings. Fun.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Learning to Jump

Today at one of our quarterly Parents as Teachers meetings we talked about how, at 20 months old, one of Little Biscuit's next developmental milestones will be jumping - hopping up with both feet off the floor, down from on top of things, bouncing on a trampoline or in a bounce house, and leaping over things. So since I know he already loves trying to hurl himself off of way-too-high surfaces when I'm not expecting it, we decided to have some fun playtime practicing his jumping skills in a more controlled way this morning!

READY?SET?
GOOOO!!!!!!!!
"I did it. Again, again, Mommy!" :)
(What a fun way to build self-confidence! Now wouldn't it be nice if this kind of activity would help ease his separation anxiety!?)
OH MY WORD. The adrenaline is pumping now (mommy's, that is!) I didn't realize I'd opened a toddler gym.Yikes!! I said you could learn to jump, not train for motocross! (Please tell me I don't have one of those fearless daredevils on my hands who's going to want to skydive and roller blade across rooftops and generally give his mother ulcers.)

4 comments:

6pnuts said...

What a fun time! Looks like Little Biscuit is well on his way to his dare devil career! :)

Christy said...

How fun! Maybe I will give that a try with his cousin here soon. :)

3LittleFlowers said...

LOL... How fun!

Get ready mom!!!

Jordan McCollum said...

Fun! I made the mistake of not just letting but showing my 3 y/o son how to jump on the bed last night. Guess what his new favorite activity is?